17 December 2010

Challenge from Cute Soldier and Winnie Hatted

Since EJ and brother live in different countries, communication is easiest through emails.

One day EJ's brother emailed a picture of a cute squirrel dressed in full combat gear. That sparked off an interesting email conversation which is funny as well.

We are sharing this so that you can laugh or grin with us.

The very cute soldier.

BRO: I hope my backyard squirrels do not dress up in combat fatigues to declare war on me....

EJ: Well, in a way I hope all the area squirrels do dress up in that very cute combat fatigues, hold hands round the trunks of all your fruit trees staring hard at you. And you throwing your hands up in the air in exasperation. Would certainly be a hilarious sight!  Hahaha!

BRO: Squirrels here are pretty aggresive.  If you chase them, they will run but after a safe distance, they will turn around and stare at you, with tails lashing and making noises as if to challenge you to further chase them if you dare....  Quite cute but at times annoying.

Once, I threw an apple at one of them at ground level for doing it and it grazed its side.  It rolled over a few times in pain and slowly got up to a tree and disappeared. I felt sorry for the poor thing and never did it again.  

I am sure if they have the technology, I will never be able to go to my backyard again...or worse, they will evict me from my house or area...and send me packing back to Malaysia in a stretcher.... 

EJ: Next time don't throw the apple, you should roll the apple, the lawn bowl way. Better still If you could put a side spin to the apple and watch the squirrels' reaction looking at the apple spinning round it.

Who knows if you do it often enough, they may line up and beg from you.


*************
Winnie is a timid cat and not exactly very pretty. 

Thanks to blogger cat friends Sammy and Andy and their human mama Judy with her artistic skills and talent  made Winnie look so attractive with that lovely summer hat so fitting for the hot tropical heat! 
You can visit Sammy and Andy here.

31 comments:

We love Luna said...

OH it's sweet!
I think squirrels are very smart as well!
The first time that I saw a squirrel in my life was here because I guess they can travel to Brazil! LOL
purrs and a lovely weekend for you all
Luna

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Heh heh... that is a mighty cute costume!!

Ellen Whyte said...

I like squirrels. Throwing apples at them????

Tracy said...

I love the squirrel's costume...how funny! and Winnie is simply adorable :)

Luna und Luzie said...

I like squirrels too but not dressed up as a soldier.
Of course the picture is cute!

Kea said...

We like squirrels, but some of them can be quite nasty. We don't think we'd want them to dress in combat gear. LOL.

Winnie looks lovely in her hat! Great job by Judi. :-)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I absolutely LOVE squirrels...in fact I am nearly as obsessed with squirrels as I am with cats.

I feed them and love to watch them. They are quite intelligent and can become quite tame. I would NEVER throw an apple at one! :(

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Winnie
Madi and I came by to say hi and tell you how purrty you look in your spring bonnet. The one you will see on our comment was given to us by Sammy and Andy's mom.
Madi and Mom

Old Kitty said...

Winnie is absolutley beautiful!! She looks even more stunning with her pretty hat!!

Squirrels in combat gear?!?! LOL!!! That's so cute!! Take care
x

Annie Bear said...

The squirrels here are always so busy foraging for food and storing it up for winter. Too funny about the exchange between you and your brother.

Winnie is so pretty. She's a little doll in her hat.

HH and The Boys said...

Hi came over from Sammy and Andy's to follow you. Nice blog.

have a great weekend,

Max

Marg said...

We love Winnie in her hat. She looks so gorgeous.That squirrel is too cute. I had no idea you could tame a squirrel that well. Great pictures. Take care and have a super week end.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Winnie looks lovely in her pretty hat - we bet she'll get a few admirers.
We bet if you roll the apple at the suirrel it will throw it bach at YOU!!

Elizabeth said...

How in the world did someone get a squirrel into combat fatigues? I stand amazed!

Do you own all the cats in your sidebar? They are beautiful. Do they all get along? Tortie and Pebble are my favorite, probably because they remind me of cats I have had.

How many cat boxes do you have?

I have two active pussycats. They make our house a real home. I don't know how they do that, but they do.

Have a great one!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Well we think Winnie is beautiful!

Admiral Hestorb said...

I think Winnie is gorgeous. Of course, she looks somewhat like MY cat. They are beautiful girls..full of Autumn colors. October calender girls is what they are.

cats of wildcat woods said...

However did they get the squirrel to wear all that? Winnie does look lovely!

Katnip Lounge said...

We don't have squirrels where we live. That might be a good thing!

We think Winnie is pretty and her hat makes her even more beautiful!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh I just love that litle squirrel soldier. Love the hat too. Hugs GJ x

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well I think Winnie looks beautiful!!! Hey, if my squirrels show up like that all ready for battle I'll be ready...yea, right!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We think Winnie is beautiful and even more striking in her lovely hat.

purrin
xoxox

Anya said...

Oh..oh..
That soldier is adorable
Love it :-)

Have a wonderful weekend
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya

Kat said...

The squirrel looks so cute! Is it real? I love your conversation about squirrels!

The previous post - about Winnie - I've got a cat just like that! Same colouring - a kind of muddy black and brown. Very loving and timid though.

Gattina said...

I would have preferred such a cute squirrel in a more peaceful outfit !
Combats are invented by men !
We dont have lots of squirrels here around actually I think I have only seen one this year. They are much smaller too with red fur, not grey. I have seen the grey once for the first time in England when one looked through the living window and observed Pookie !

chitra said...

Wow, first time here and today morning only I was going through the follower's list and found your unique name.
I love this space. But I must read some more posts to know what exactly the Chair speaks. Following you. thanks for the comment .

i beati said...

Winnie is stunning!!

Catherine said...

Haha ~ that is a cute little soldier squirrel! I think he is very patriotic. :)
xo Catherine

meowmeowmans said...

Winnie looks beautiful in her hat! Of course, we think she always looks beautiful!

Mr Puddy said...

EJ, Don't throw apple to Squirrels ! Throw me instead..hee..hee..I wanna play with them : )

Winnie look gorgeous : )

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

Wow! World War III -- war between humans and squirrels. I wonder who will win and dominate the world in the next generation?!

OKcats said...

Your conversation with your brother sounds much like the ones my brother and I have. It's so fun to have someone you can chat with that totally gets your sense of humor! We think Winnie looks lovely in her hat - Miss Judi does such a great job with the photos. :)